Annual HVAC inspection sparks fire
From the actual job diary:
Day 1: A local company was servicing the HVAC unit and while welding with a shield, a piece of insulation ignited and slipped behind shield before their technician could extinguish it. The company contacted SERVPRO of Wichita Falls for inspection and fire structure and content cleaning. They had to discharge extinguisher to fully extinguish fire in HVAC closet area. Reported that 1 foot of smoke and soot was at the ceiling level until fire could be extinguished. Upon inspection, two hours after loss, soot was only present on horizontal services but a strong smoke odor was present in rooms that were open at the time of loss. Advised home owner to leave unaffected room doors closed to keep HVAC unit off.
Life happens. Be prepared to call the professionals at SERVPRO of Wichita Falls at 940-263-1550.